表演者:钟一诺
流派:Jazz / Vocal Jazz
语种:粤语
专辑类型:专辑
发行时间:2019
唱片公司:Chimes Music / Evolution Ltd.
资源格式:WAV整轨+CUE+LOG

专辑介绍:
  Collection of 14 songs performed in Cantonese, “Song Book” by award-winning vocalist Roger Chung featuring Jezrael Lucero on keys is a selection of jazzed up Cantopop standards from the period 1981-2002. This Hong Kong Song Book concept is inspired by the Great American Song Book, which is an unofficial collection of songs from Broadway musicals, Hollywood movies and classic tunes popular on the radio, such as Somewhere Over the Rainbow (from The Wizard of Oz).
  First of its kind in Hong Kong, and one of the very few in the world, “Song Book” is a vocal-piano jazz duo concept album which has been descried by Hong Kong's own grandmaster of audiophile production Clarence Chang as “instantly creating history .” These Cantopop standards are performed in a style that is reminiscent of the classic Tony Bennett/Bill Evans vocal-piano duo album released in 1975, the 40s-60s supper club lounge shows and speakeasy jazz bars.
  Classic tunes from the Cantopop repertoire have been given the jazz-standard treatment to honour the work of 12 individual composers – from the forefathers of the genre Joseph Koo, Samuel Hui and George Lam to masterful tunesmiths Violet Lam, Lowell Lo, Dominic Chung and Jim Lau, alternative rockers Tats Lau, Anthony Wong and Jason Choi, and important latter-day singer-songwriters Clayton Cheung and Chet Lam. Roger also wrote a completely new composition, “Stardust Melodies”, in tribute to all of those who have composed sublime music for Hong Kong over the years. The result is an ode to beautiful melodies, dreams and starlight that gave meaning to our lives, love and passion.
  “Song Book” is Roger’s debut solo venture outside of the his associated “The Chung Brothers.”
  Praises from Celebrated Artists, Musicians and Scholars
  Anthony Wong (renowned singer): “Jazz has always been the genre of music that I am very intrigued by but didn't dare to touch. Finally there are two in my repertoire that are given that jazz treatment. My gratitude goes to Roger who has widened the spectrum of Cantopop yet again.”
  Calvin Poon (renowned lyricist and filmmaker): “A mission of Jazz is to let the musical notes and the silent spaces between those notes come alive. This effort by Roger Chung and Jezrael Lucero is an astonishing demonstration of this philosophy. The rhythms, texture , and interpretations the two interactively created together transformed what were already beautiful melodies to something of fresh and new looks; and it is no exaggeration to say that they should have been like that from the get-go!”
  Dr Simon Shen (renowned Global Studies scholar): “Roger Chung's Jazz audiophile album is textbook demonstration of what Glocalization is. His wish to gradually develop a Cantonese jazz standard catalogue so that people around the world can appreciate and study Cantopop as a unique art form is an titanic effort. I believe that, no matter where you are, if you are promoting Hong Kong culture, Hong Kong will be there. I can see the authentic Hong Kong in his music.”
  Jim Lau (renowned Cantopop composer): “It seems like I have not come across such affecting and heartening music for a long long time.... and it gets better with each listen. “Goodbye,” the largely forgotten song that I wrote many years ago, was miraculously revived, reborn and elevated to a new level of sublime beauty that comes straight from the soul.”
  Dominic Chung (renowned Cantopop composer): “Exhilarating! The chordal tensions and the stimulating voicings... I just couldn't stop listening to the music. In addition to the superior timber and technique, Roger Chung's jazz interpretation did not differ for the sake of being different, but magically displayed the emotion and melodic fluidity that I intended for 'Having You' when I wrote it. I am in love with this version of the song!”
  Chet Lam (renowned singer-songwriter): “Each musical work has its own destiny, and a fortunate one will run into many great interpreters and musicians, who will transform it into something that belongs to a new time and dimension. It's very fortunate for “The Best is Yet to Come” to run into Roger and Jezrael.”
  Prof Leo Lee (world renowned Chinese Studies scholar): "Roger Chung is one of the very few young musicians in Hong Kong who care deeply about human values and cultural heritage in his music. I have taken a particular liking to his kind of Cantopop that combines jazz with a touch of contemporary and impressionistic classical--- a distinct sound with words that even wins the heart of a classical music lover like me. "
  Clarence Chang (renowned record producer): “'Song Book,' as a vocal/piano duo album the format of which is already rare in the world, is instantly creating history in Hong Kong's music, and will be one profound piece of work that can stand the test of time!”
  Roger Chung, vocals:
  Roger is best known for his body of works with his brother Henry, “The Chung Brothers.” The Chung Brothers is an award-winning group formed by brothers Henry and Roger Chung, widely recognised for their influence within local jazz, indie, gospel and hi-fi audiophile scenes over the past decade since their debut in 2009. Together, they compose, write and produce their own original materials. They have released three full-length concept albums, including their debut album “The Chimes”《钟声》 in 2009, “Sing the Gospel Songbook of Benjamin Ng”《齐唱‧吴秉坚之歌》in 2011, and “Edge”《极》in 2014, all to critical and public acclaim. Accolades include the 2014 CASH Golden Sails Awards (CASH金帆音乐奖) grand prizes of “CASH Song of the Year”, “Best Lyrics,” and “Best Vocal Collaborations”; “Best Group of the Year” at the 2014 Chinese Music Media Awards (华语音乐传媒大奖); “Best Jazz Artist of the Year” at the 2012 Chinese Musi c Awards (全球华语金曲奖); the 2012 Metro Radio (新城劲爆音乐奖) “Best Album of the Year” Award; and the 2011 Gold Album Award (金唱片销量大奖).
  The Chung Brothers have collaborated with a heady list of celebrated artists including: seven-times Grammy winner Gospel superstar Andrae Crouch, six-times Grammy award winning ukulele maestro Daniel Ho, the legendary Shanghai Diva Yao Lee (姚莉), George Lam (林子祥), Teddy Robin (泰迪罗宾), Andy Lau (刘德华), Danny Summer (夏韶声), Lowell Lo (卢冠廷), Ruth Chen (曾路得), Eason Chan (陈奕迅), Hacken Lee (李克勤), Anthony Wong (黄耀明), Tats Lau (刘以达), Kay Tse (谢安琪), at17, Chet Lam (林一峰), Mimi Lo (罗敏庄), heavyweight Taiwanese producer Rio Lee (李寿全), and others.
  Jezrael Lucero, piano:
  Jezrael was singing Sinatra's Strangers in the Night at the age of 13 months; was playing classical concertos on the piano at two; and he's been gigging at hotels and appearing on TV shows since he was four. As well as being a tremendously gifted jazz pianist , he's a singer, arranger, drummer, bass-player, and guitarist.
  One more thing – he has been blind since his birth.
  But he doesn’t see that as a handicap. “No!” he replies immediately at the suggestion. “No, never.”
  “I would think blindness, it will help you develop your inner strength, which is the most important thing in your life as you grow up.”
  These days in Hong Kong, which has been his home for over a decade, Lucero dazzles Sunday afternoon guests in the lobby of the most luxurious hotels in Hong Kong. He can often be found jamming at Peel Fresco after hours on Sundays, and “Song Book” is his first featured production with Roger Chung.

专辑曲目:
01.今天應該很高興 We Should Be Very Happy Today
02.別了秋天 Farewell, Autumn
03.幾段情歌 The Good Ol' Love Songs
04.羅馬假期 Roman Holiday
05.The Best Is Yet To Come
06.別了 Goodbye
07.畫出彩虹 Rainbow `Round My Shoulder
08.心裡日記 Diary of My Heart
09.有了你 Having You
10.小王子 Le Petit Prince
11.這是愛 This is Love
12.星聲夢旅人 Stardust Melodies

Bonus:
13.星聲夢旅人 Stardust Melodies - 爵士管弦樂版
14.今天應該很高興We Should be Very Happy Today - 藍調騷靈版

解压密码:www.80wusun.com
下载地址:

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|捌零无损音乐论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-17 02:53 , Processed in 0.282788 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.